Thursday, April 17, 2008

I do, I do. One of Three!

This year my friends have decided to get married.

I have 3 weddings. One in April, One in May and One in June.

I have just returned from the one in April. I spent the last four days in what I like to think of as my Florida Beach Bungalow Paradise. I had what would be a dream apt. by the sea. Private Jacuzzi. Full kitchen. Private Patio. A shower with two amazing shower heads and big enough to host a circuit party, plus a bidet, my first. Leave it to the French to design a shower for your no-no places, or yes-yes depending on the temperature of the water.

Sleeping by the sounds of the sea is better than Ambien. I got rested. Fully, unbelievably rested. Plus there was a wedding, which was nice, the weather could have been better. It was VERY windy on the beach that day. I could barely hear the vows. As the flower girl. Stop laughing. My potpourri quickly turned into petals of death as they didn’t fall gracefully to the ground as more whipped violently into the faces of the bride and groom. Luckily my dress didn't fly above my head, yes I said dress. Stop laughing I was a vision at the reception which was modest and beautiful and a good time was had by all.

I got some sun, ate wonderful food and enjoyed driving again. This time with my NYS driver’s license. My bright blue KIA drove like a dreamy tic-tac. I miss driving. I spent too much money and drank my fill, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.

So on the bill for next month is a Great Gatsby theme wedding in the Village and NO they are NOT gay.

No comments: