Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Vacation....by Kayla Rowell

For months my keeper, that nice, plump lady that brings me food and picks up my poop (why she does that I don’t know) has been promising me a trip outside the city. My days of internment number at last count 714 but it could be off by a few as I have no idea what math is.

June 24th – I was told to get in the car. The nice redheaded lady that comes by the treehouse whose name is either Julia or Hoolia joined the hairy man named Jake and my keeper and we all went to a land named New Jersey. To my shock it was only a day trip for dinner and a nice roll around on a rug that I marked deeply with my scent. I smell good so I like to leave it where ever I can.
Here is a picture on me in the car…I look good.

June 26th – I was told to get in the car. This time it was Olivia & Todd who I remembered from Harlem they have a giant dog, Buddy that scares the crap outta me but the keeper said we were having a sleep over in New Jersey only in a place called Bayonne. How big is this New Jersey? Here I am in the car. I love a car ride.

We had a great meal in Bayonne and then the next day we went for a walk to the water. Buddy’s not so bad. I think we can be friends as long as he respects my personal space.

On the trip back to the treehouse we got to see Rainbows. Which was perfect because it was time for the festival called Pride, which the keeper usually enjoys a bit too much, but this year she kept in on the down low and spent it with me. I liked that a lot.




July 2 – The one called LB came over with some bags. She smells nice. She brought my boyfriend Chesney with her. After my usual announcement that he is NOT allowed to touch any of my things, or eat my food I licked his peter and we went about our night. Something is up though. LB and the keeper, mentioned car, dirty laundry, Camp Wells & a sheet for the back seat. Clearly we are going to leave the city. At last!!! But I can’t get my hopes up, I have been disappointed before.

July 5th – LB and Chesney are still here but we haven’t gone anywhere. WTF???


July 6th 6:30a.m. – The keeper got up soooo early and walked me, I immediately started looking for my escape vehicle. Not taking any chances of getting left behind I tried to get into every car whose door was open but the keeper kept saying, “No not yet” what the hell is yet??

After a brief period of lying around, the keeper got up and put me and Chesney in the bathroom. DEAR GOD NO!!! We’re being left, I just know it. Damn the keeper!!! I heard from beyond the door movement and I could smell the dirty laundry leaving the apt. Please come back to get us, please come back to get us!!!

Huzzah she came back for us!!! I’m in the car and have to share the back seat with Chesney….he smells awful but if this means I get to run and be free by god I will make do.


July 6th – 5p.m. GET ME OUT OF THIS CAR!!!

July 6th – 9p.m. Sweet lord we are finally here in Knoxville, TN. I’ve been here before but everytime is so exciting. I must run into every room and make sure it’s not a dream. The stairs are my favorite after a few days of running up and down them my ass will be tight as a drum.


July 9th – We’ve been here a few days and I can already feel the knots in my back relaxing. I don’t have to a wear my leash AT ALL, and I go out everytime this tiny beep-beep happens it’s amazing. I’m alerted to run outside on the deck and chase squirrels and chipmunks. Kenny & Chesney race me to see who can get out the door first I win most of the time. Then the nice Santa Man gives me a treat if I pee. He’s so nice. I wait like a good girl and then take a nap in front of the couch next to the tall really skinny lady, who I think I have finally won over. Ahhhhhh….I wonder what the poor people are doing.


July 13th – Keeper has said that we are getting ready to leave. Frankly I’m not going anywhere.

July 15th – Keeper has packed up all her purchases and is making me get in the car. It’s a much bigger car and I do get the back seat to myself.


July 15th 3p.m. – This sucks. I can’t believe I have to go back so soon. Chesney got to stay. I must have done something bad. Keeper gave me some jerky though so I guess vacation is just over. Wake me when we’re home.


THE END....

PS- I got to go to the dog park the day after we got home. I'm still mad but this is nice, keeper tries hard and I do love her.

No comments: