Friday, July 18, 2008

Jelly Shaken Blues

The past week is a blur of work, sickness, rehearsals, birthday parties, and shows and only now can I see light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. It’s a tiny pin prick of a light but I can see it if I squint. My mantra is, just get to Sunday you can do it, just a few more days, come on just get to Sunday. The lord’s day of rest and mine.

Leaving my bed this morning was the hardest thing I have ever done that didn’t have to do with someone’s death. It was so soft, warm and womberific that any normal person would have called in “sick” especially on a Friday. Now I sit here in my cube clutching at consciousness surrounded by NO one. Everyone took the day off it seems, except the one person who should have, I take comfort in the air conditioning and free coffee. Which is the only thing keeping my heart beating.

In the coming months I plan to focus on nothing but my part time producing gig, stand-up and sleep management. The rockstar needs a siesta, a time out, a thanks but I need to get home and sleep. My vampire days are numbered, I am by nature a night person, which does not work when the “man” needs you in a cube from 9-5, 5 days a week. Kayla is suffering from abandonment issues. I have been buying her love with toys and treats hoping she won’t notice that I am only home long enough to walk her, change and run back out the door. Poor noodle.



On the up side the show last night was AWESOME!! The ladies sang there guts out to a nearly sold out house at the Duplex Upstairs Cabaret!!! I was funny. Hot girls who I didn't know came up to me to tell me so, which in the end makes everything worth it. And I get to do it again tonight hopefully without the few flubs and with a touch more confidence, the micography was throwing me off, not only am I the host I am also the shows lone roadie.





Today is also Friday which means I also have to post a picture so I think this week I will post one that gives me lots and lots of joy.



This pig reminds me that I might be surrounded by shit, but to me it's the happiest place on earth.

No comments: