Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ROLLING THE DICE & CHANGING THE WORLD!!

I VOTED!!!

There was no line at lunch time at my polling place, and I was happy to stand in a gym at a Catholic School to vote my little democratic heart out. Pausing only briefly before throwing the lever to take in my moment of "mattering" in this election process.

It came down to me alone in a voting booth from 1956. (really can't we figure out a better system?) I mean Christ the credit card people keep excellent track of ALL of OUR debt, they can track our carbon foot print and we can download books into Kendall's through the air. Surely they can figure out how to record our votes without us having to go back in time.

Now we wait. All of us. Wait to see if we can really change to world in one day.
Please God, give a brother a chance!!!

No comments: