Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Burp...excuse me.

This Thanksgiving was one for the ages, a week long gorge fest instead of the usual one day of feasting. It started with Broadway Baby Thanksgiving Monday. All my theatre folks who had shows on Thursday got together in NJ to tie on the feed bag. Between the turkey & mash potatoes covered in gravy and the mac & cheese with pancetta I was one stuffed bird. Big thank you’s to Michelle & Tom who hosted a knee slapping meal in their grown-up bungalow, which I think is up for best freestanding treehouse in NJ!

Wednesday’s girl party at R Bar brought too much Blue Moon into my life and frankly too much annoying, loud, rude lesbian behavior usually expected of their frat boy counterparts. However, Poppi & Jessica shined on through their stand-up show in spite of the Sapphic sister diss, but I still haven’t recovered.

Which in part made for a bloaty Thanksgiving, I went up to Harlem to be with Ateh Ladies + Katie Thompson and the food was off the chain.

(Salad, how did salad get in there?)

Really Bridgette, Alexis, & Katie turned out some major flavor up in the hood.

(Bridgette & Katie making gravy so fast you can't see her!)

Neptune and I of course did what we do best; bring wine…oh and a pie.

(Neptune & Bridgette welcome to the Great Room!)


(The BEST Breasts EVER!!!!)


(MMMMMMM Beans!!)


(Not my first plate and Not my last....)

But after eating I started to feel icky, tired, and a little sad. So I excused myself and lumbered home with a bounty of food in a to go bag!

Later that night I was feeling a bit better, after a disco nap and some seltzer so I headed down 5 blocks to Jordan & Regan’s Potluck, again my southern bells turned out some major food from a tiny kitchen. Serving it all up beautifully on an ironing board buffet!!

(Homemade Southern Pies)

I had a nibble from their labor and was not disappointed. My friends can really cook which makes me so happy to return the favor at the treehouse from time to time.

Friday brought left over madness at Laura Beth’s hosted by Mother & Father Wells. Brisket, more mashed potatoes, turnips (don’t forget the turnips) cranberry sauce, you know the good kind with the lines from the can on it, plus more of the same yummy goodness expected at a ever turkey day except the turkey of course. Topped off with homemade stain glass candy; all were satisfied to the gills.

A marathon of eats and all in all a happy holiday filled with great people, food, wine and cheer. Plus a little plop-plop fizz-fizz for good measure!! Next year I might limit myself to just the one dinner. All that tryptophan nearly made my heart stop.

No comments: