Monday, December 28, 2009

en fuego!!!

Yesterday was Kathryn's 30th Birthday, most of the crew is still away on holiday but I think we managed to give the old girl a great time! We met up at the Spotted Pig for brunch which was AMAZING! There I met Jen & David, who I gelled with instantly. I love it when you meet strangers and within 15 to 20 minutes you are laughing and carrying on like you've been mates for eons.

Of course as usual I was a little nervous about hanging with new people. Sometimes I “turtle” up when confronted with the unknown. Happily that did not happen and we ate our faces off. Might I recommend the corned beef hash with two pouched eggs…heaven on a fork!

David left us, and the 3 ladies had another round before going to see Alvin Alley at City Center. There Lauren met up with us and we enjoyed an afternoon of dancing by people who have no body fat. Their bodies move like I have never seen a body move. The final movement was my favorite I was on the edge of my seat, literally. I can't believe I waited this long to see this company, truly inspiring me to tears.

After we toddle off back downtown to No Name Bar where the evening took off, we were joined by the Montgomery's - Sara & Christopher - two of my favorite siblings on the planet. The 6 of us commandeered a table and that's when I turned up the heat & went en fuego!!!

If I could be as funny as I am with my friends as I am onstage I wouldn't be sitting in this Jew cube right now. Stuff I'd never thought of or said out loud before flew out on me....I impressed myself and that's hard considering my inner critic is a raving bitch with body & abandonment issues. So this is my quest for 2010 to be relaxed and free on stage, to cut the fear and BS and just let it out!!

During the show there was a segment where the dance was accompanied by a voice over. This strong resonating black woman who would make Oprah tremble said, “Spirit is dance, dance is movement, life moves forward…..What are you waiting for?” Cue the goosebumps….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!