Thursday, October 21, 2010

Joy!

For an extended period of time my Joy has been elusive and I realized it's because I have stopped doing the things that make me Brandy "with a Y" Rowell.

Whimsy, magic, an air of wickedness isn't easy to maintain and my process to keep all of the those key ingredients in tip top running order have fallen by the wayside. Until taking on the role of house manager for Weekend at an English Country Estate by my inspiring friend Sara Montgomery. Watching this theatrical adventure unfold has shown me the path that I wandered away from absentmindedly.

I used to go to church every Sunday with my heels dug in and my "doubting Thomas" reared & waiting for a fight. Used to make my mother crazy that I refused to just "believe". Only she didn't realize that she was taking me to the wrong church.

When I walked into my first theatre I realized that God doesn't only live on religious properties. He lives where you find Joy. Where you feel at home, safe and surrounded by what you truly love. I've been asleep. Wasted time and turned a broken spirit away from what makes me, well me. All because I fear failure.

Well sod it all....I know who I am, what I am and what I want to do with my life and if "they" don't like it they don't have to buy a ticket. So here's to me buying the first to the Brandy with a Y Show! More me! Less fear, less hopelessness and more pixie dust please!!!

No comments: