Friday, February 25, 2011

Birth Month!

As my birth month is quickly coming to an end, lord how it just flies by, I would like to address the idea of unlucky 13.

Born on the 13th of February I have never found the numeral to be cursed or scary. In fact a ton of amazing things have happened on that day.




Rent first opened Feb. 13, 1996, at New York Theatre Workshop.

Israel bought the Dead Sea Scrolls on 13th February, 1955 from the Syrians for $250,000. What a deal!

A four-passenger Thunderbird was made by the Ford Company 13th February, 1958; they don't make cars like that anymore.

Stockard Channing was born 13-Feb-1944, I have had dreams she plays my mom in a play someday.

Tennessee Ernie Ford the Country Musician, 13-Feb-1919, Ernie we are all one day older and deeper in debt.

David Naughton 13-Feb-1951 Actor, An American Werewolf in London, the original hottie werewolf....arrroooo!

Henry Rollins crazy amazing talker & musician 13-Feb-1961, aka my brother from another mother!!

Mena Suvari 13-Feb-1979 wow NOT so much older than her than I thought!!

Robbie Williams 13-Feb-1974 well we had to get a little more glitter on the team!

Grant Wood Painter 13-Feb-1892 famous for American Gothic

Chuck Yeager Aviator 13-Feb-1923 Test pilot, first to break speed of sound...speedy!

Not to say that there weren't awful things that happened on the 13th but for me I have always found luck in being the odd one out. Somehow it's infamy makes me feel special, as if that star on that day singles out my defiance of what the world feels is strange or unusual. People are wary of it and I kinda like it. So beware the tribe of the "Tredici" is out there walking under ladders and crossing your path.

No comments: