Thursday, May 19, 2011

Going to the Chapel!

Is it me or are the number of wedding pictures on Facebook blowing up!!! 'Tis the season I guess for people to wear funny traditional clothing, stand up before the deity of their choice with friends and family and say I dig this human and only this human so help me god, forever and ever amen.

As for me I'm NOT a fan. Marriage is like a stogy old aunt that reeks of Bengay and mothballs. She serves no practical purpose because no one likes her ambrosia salad and really her inclusion in family functions is just a formality of etiquette to keep your kids from being called bastards.

As a "gay" & a bastard I wouldn't want to get married if I could. Sure I'd throw a big party and say, "you see that lady, she's with me." But I am not about to clamp a ring on her finger and sign a deed to her heart that makes the county a few bucks and some venue a bundle of my money for dried out chicken and watered down gin.

That being said, I am OVAH THE MOON thrilled to be the Maid of Honor in my best friends wedding. The MOH gets to do all the fun stuff and as she sends to bride off to her shackles she kicks up her heels and finds her way to the bar with some frisky female, at least that's the plan. Plus I don't even have to wear some god awful dress. The bridesmaids get to pick want they want within a color scheme!! Yee freaking haw!! So much better than some bright pink body bag with a bow!

Like I said some people are the marrying kind, and I wish them all the bliss they can handle even though the chips are stacked against them statistically. This silly monkey likes her autonomy way too much and needs room to shake her jelly at will when she wants and where she wants.

I live under a simple rule of thumb, if you wanna go, GO! if you wanna stay, STAY! Don't be in a marriage with me because a piece of paper and the hassle of divorce keeps you trapped by my side...ugh. Really, be a grown up, it's not 1857, keeping your word is good enough for me. God & the government might need more, but I don't.

No comments: