Monday, August 29, 2011

I'll huff & I'll puff....

& I'll blow pretty hard in the outter boroughs, but really just some trees, power outages & flooding to be cleaned up in my wake. -Irene

While I am glad the 5 boroughs were ready for Irene I wish government could strike a happy medium between doing nothing during the blizzard and closing the city down for 3 days. Hurricanes aren't easy to predict, courses & intensity change etc...but really you would have thought it was going to rain fire balls and brimstone Sunday morning. 

I am surely thankful that we were spared "Katrina" like ramifications but the 24hour non-stop coverage to keep telling us, "storms a brewing" was a little much. What happened to, "we interrupt this broadcast with an important news brief,"? Not to mention, that still in it's long history the Emergency Broadcast System has yet to turn on that annoying alarm to alert us of impending doom. They didn't even get to use it on 9/11 sooooo when do you use it?

As we all get back to normal, I hope you and yours were spared....as for me, Kayla & the treehouse Sunday morning 3 fire trucks pulled up to our door & we were overrun by NYC's bravest. Someone left a toaster oven on after popping their tarts. Irene left us unscathed, but the "stoners" on the third floor are trying to burn us alive. Sue & Chuck back to you.


No comments: