Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Date Me?

Really I've decided to go down this road again. I posted a profile on match.com, I thought why not take a peek? I mean my best friend is now married and pregnant by a guy she met on this website so why not? It might work for the gays too. I am already deep in regret 24hours into the experiment. Ugh I hate people, no really, they are awful creatures I should know I am one.

Basically because it all inevitably breaks down into the ones we want don't want us and the ones that want us we would sooner die than date. It's a vicious circle my now ex-therapist and I danced the fox trot to for hours at a time. I believe the old Groucho Marx quote can be applied to this idea, "I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." 

Does it HAVE to be in our nature to want to be with someone? Frankly I am coming to the realization that I am more than enough. I don't need to be "completed" by someone else. So Jerry Maguire and Jane Austin can go f*ck themselves. I'm not catching my death standing in the rain waiting for some ass hat named Willoughby to finally get a grip and love me. Kate Winslet doesn't require approval from some dickey wearing twit to take care of her and neither do I. 

So a pox on you internet dating sites!! Daggers & weebotkins to you all! I'm off to kick up my heels unhindered by the weight of another’s' baggage! I've got me own!

No comments: