Monday, November 21, 2011

Two Cars

We took two cars the day we returned to the hospital to find out what exactly was happening to my mother. I can't remember why now? I do remember driving by myself in my grey Pontiac Sunbird. I absentmindedly put in the Les Misérables Broadway Cast album figuring a little "turn table" distraction would take my mind off the stress weighing down on me. Only, when "One Day More" started playing I instantly realized my error in music selection. Suddenly I was hearing the lyrics as applied to my life not the French revolution. 
 
Tomorrow is the judgment day.
Tomorrow we'll discover
What our God in heaven has in store.
One more dawn.
One more day.
One day more!

Needless to say I burst into tears and almost wrecked my car. I just can’t believe THIS is what "God" had in store for me and my family. Really? This was the plan, complete obliteration from reality, earmarking them only as ghosts that wander in my dreams who occasionally slip into my shuffle playlist where I wormhole back to them for 3 minutes & 30secs? Really this is what all those years of love, growing pains & understanding become in the end. Some music video that only I can see. 

Dear Apple, iPod's are really time machines, I wish my brief, fleeting trips could be to happier places. You might want to work on an App for that so I don't accidentally wind up keening in a bathroom stall at work.

No comments: