Monday, March 10, 2008

Seasonal Jumping!

Twice a year I feel the need to shift my apt.
Move furniture, clean and throw away the clutter that tends to build up like plaque in an artery. I have realized that this need usually falls when we change our clocks. Sun shifts and so must my bookshelf it seems.

Hi, my name is Brandy and I hold onto ridiculous things for no reason or rhyme. (You chiming in~ Hi, Brandy) I’m not a pack rat in the definition of the term, but I do surround myself with things that “mean” something to me. Whenever, someone comes to visit me in my magic tree house they inevitably say how comfortable they are, that it feels warm and homey. There’s always something fun to look at…I take great pride in those remarks. I always want my tiny kingdom to be one of entertainment, hospitality and refuge from the whirlwind city spinning around me.

However, it is that time of year and the urge to purge is reeling in my head and hands. Luckily, my baby leg is almost completely mended and I will be able to address some areas that desperately need tending. Dust bunnies aside the crap is creeping in and Kayla is searching for ample room to stretch. Also, I have a dear college friend coming into town this weekend, Ryan aka Chief Yellow Pants. So let the shifting being!!!

Shout out to follow blogger buddy Vinnie Costa, who shares my idea that spring cleaning can strike at any moment no need to wait! http://vinniecosta.com

He seems to be reading my mind, or maybe we share one. What we hold on to is a mystery, but I have resigned myself to clean and clear sweetie. Surfaces darling, surfaces I need to see table tops etc!!! However, the question of my Playbill collection rears its ugly head. Vinnie says I need to chuck them, my heart only sees many memories with you! Mr. Costa!!! :-) Damn those Playbills!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How's it going honey?

I thought I was almost finished, but found I wasn't.

Be careful purging begets purging.