Friday, September 19, 2008

Photo Phriday


I’m in love with Bonnie Hunt. I guess I’ve always been. She has been a fixture as second banana in every movie role for the last 20 years. Time after time she has made me laugh as the funny friend, sister, aunt, or mother. Nothing makes me happier than finally seeing her get her due with, The Bonnie Hunt Show. I never pictured her as a talk show host but she is killing me. I laugh so hard my dog thinks I’m dying and runs around trying to dial 911 but can’t because she doesn’t have thumbs. She recently had Teri Garr on and said that Teri was a big inspiration and role model for her well that’s how I feel about Bonnie.

I am not from Chicago, I have only one sibling and yet I completely identify with Bonnie’s outlook on family and how Catholicism can and does ruin your life. lol. Watching her show makes me feel like, at least for an hour I’m home. I wish I could articulate more how she makes me feel less alone. Family was such a huge part of my life that any glimpse of something that jogs a memory becomes precious. Like when she makes her mom laugh or talks about growing up in a working class neighborhood, or how much she loves her dog. How her Dad thought her mom had it easy at home raising 7 kids. I’m giggling right now as I write this….ahhhh well that’s why Bonnie is my Phriday Photo. She’s bringing back so many things I’d thought I’d forgotten and I look forward to laughing through all of it.




ps - Frankly I think her mom and Ellen’s mom should do their own show. Now that would be a hoot!

No comments: