Monday, March 30, 2009

Fan Letters

It takes a lot for me to reach out to a performer and write a fan letter.

I've never been a "fanatic" basically because my sister embarrassed me deeply at a Monkey's concert once and watching her reaction to Davy Jones, who in reality was a complete stranger, just completely freaked me out. Simply put I was never a victim of Tween Panic. Being a fan puts a distance between you and them and ultimately might throw a "creepy" vibe on the relationship.

That being said, I have written only two such fan letters. The first to Claudia Shear after seeing “Dirty Blonde” and today the second to Nancy Opel after seeing “The Toxic Avenger” last night. Both women possess a presents and talent that I hope to have someday. It's a light of fierceness and bravery that just shines forth when they bound fearlessly across the stage.

Oddly enough I saw both shows with my dear partner in crime Vinnie; maybe we just are attracted to sassy women with bigger than life personas. Mainly because we too are both sassy ladies with bigger than life personas...lol.

The material of the show is based on the 1984 movie by the same name; it's sort of a cult classic and at first did not strike me as musical theatre gold. However I was served directly because it is staged and written so smartly that this broad comedy is 90 minutes of shear madness and comic genius.

Put it on your to do list and if you go let me know what you think!! Crap if you go let me know and I will go with you, how’s that for an endorsement!!!

Find more videos like this on THE TOXIC AVENGER FAN CLUB!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with everything Brandy said!

The Toxic Avenger should be a huge hit - go see it and tell all your friends!

I will see it again and again!

And there is no doubt in my mind, Brandy and Nancy Opel are going to be bffs!

owlcave said...

my sister embarrassed me deeply at a Monkey's concert once.
Your sister embarrassed me once with a Monkee.
And that was the end, my friend . . .