Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Time to shake the jelly...

It's time to dust off my act and take some much needed steps back into the light of stand-up. One or two shows a month is NOT enough to get me where I want to be. Thinking I'm going to be "discovered" is not going to happen while managing my DVR cue list. You actually have to go out and shake ur jelly so that people know it's there and camera ready.

Frankly, I can't stand watching one more reality show with overexposed, talent free nincompoops thinking they are the next "it" girl. Or another trailer for a film about the 30 something man child finding himself through a Bromance and fart jokes.

These scripts and shows get green lights and I'm worried that I'm NOT funny enough to make it. Please. What's the worst that can happen? They can say no thank you Ms. Rowell you're not exactly what we're looking for....well someone is looking for me and won't find me unless I put the remote down and step back onto the stage.

Let's see if "one" joke Brandy can get herself mic'd and on the right path before it's time to call it a day.

No comments: