Friday, June 3, 2011

My biggest problem....

Kindness and generosity.

I actually think when I display these qualities that they will be returned. That's my problem. I need to remember to do them just for me. The people I show these attributes to will in most cases take advantage and run into the night with my hot nuggets of love, understanding and compassion with them like schwag from an event.

As if in some way they are entitled to it, "sure I deserve it, it was free after all" and it should be free, but I seem to log it away in some account book as a debt to be repaid. Downfall!! The bigger picture is that those random acts of kindness are really for me because something in me wanted to do it. I wanted to express some charity to someone in my life. The end. Let it go, and enjoy the feeling of being kind.

I take things way to personally and just need to be for myself. Wow! Oprah has only been gone a few days and my Deepak Chopra seems to be backing up. Is there a cleanse for that? Well, that's one to grow on, work on and hopefully change in my journey so if you see me tallying up a bill say, "remember this one's on you."

No comments: