Monday, June 15, 2009

Beat & Incomplete....

These past few months have really taken a toll. I’m just tired all the time, working too much, playing too little. Bailing on friends because I can’t muster up the jelly to bring my A game to functions or something more pressing has come up like recovering from a wedding or funeral. Finally I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. My last event is a luncheon on Thursday afternoon. Our Music Visionary Luncheon honoring Barry Weiss who has had his hands on the careers of everyone from Britney Spears, Usher, Backstreet Boys, Justin Timberlake, 'N Sync to T-Pain.

JT will be attending and I believe performing but you didn't hear that from me because it's on the DL. It will be a great afternoon and I'm sure I will have some tea to spill following but it's been a long road to get here. Trying to keep the details of three major events correct has broken more than a few synapses. More importantly it has reminded me that this is NOT who I am and that this summer is for me. Time for me to reconnect with comedy, exercise and a love life if I can find one in this city of 8 million lonely hearts; right now I'd settle for some jokes and some crunches.

A long time ago someone said, "This too shall pass," let's hope so.....I need to get back to the good stuff.

No comments: