Thursday, August 13, 2009

Batter Up!

It's been three weeks since I started my journey back into doing stand-up on the regular. It's the bottom of the 1st inning and so far my stats are on the rise.

7/29 - Strike Out
8/5 - Triple Play (almost a home run but the ball tipped the fence)
8/12 - Double Play (solid and entertaining)

As most of you know I'm not really a sports person. So the baseball metaphor comes from my newest bar side reviewer Tom Privitere. A small group of us decided that we didn't see each other nearly enough over the past year. Once maybe every 6 months and then perhaps at the holidays or at the random game night.

So Wednesday Night has become our prayer meeting. 2 for 1 and the Duplex and possibly a chance to see me be funny at the Suddenly Stand-Up Open Mic, hosted by Poppi Kramer or Micheal Brill, depending on Poppi's very busy and important schedule.

Tom has a razor wit of his own and you can't BS Tom, if it stinks he'll tell you. This I like. Straight forward no ego stroking nonsense. So stay tuned maybe they'll be a grand slam on the horizon!!

Gooooo Team!

1 comment:

brian said...

T-E-A-M-Gooooo Team! Hope you aren't injured too bad from last weeks game/prayer meeting! lol.

Brian