Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Maddow on my mind....

I’ve watched Rachel’s show sporadically until recently while on vacation we watched Countdown & her show religiously. Now I’m addicted. Everywhere I go she’s on some cover of a magazine or like last night she was on Real Time w/ Bill Maher and every time I see her she seems just so real and present. Not show biz at all, which is how I feel the news should be, of course she shares her talking head opinion and that’s fine with me, she’s not anchoring the desk at NBC she’s hosting her show.

But last night Ms. Maddow made an appearance in my dream. Which I am trying to piece together, and I remember saying to myself remember this dream. I think I even tried to take a picture with her and some other “news” type person, a man who could have been Bill Maher but who I can’t recall. However I wasn’t viewed as a “fan” but like I should be there on the bus. Where the bus was going I’m not sure, why we were on this bus who can say? At one point we were sitting at this table with our arms folded and our heads down kind of like playing 7-up at school, but looking at each other and talking. I remember making her laugh and thinking, “Holy crap I just made Maddow laugh.” Finally a lesbian who likes me, but then suddenly she was driving the bus and backing it down this dark driveway and I was “directing” her while trying not to get my face slammed by tree limbs.

It looked like a cul-de-sac from a horror movie. Dark, windy, leaves blowing, no one around. Wisteria Lane meets Nightmare on Elm Street. I turn back to see where everyone is and I slide down a dirt hill and into a mine or cave of some kind and then I think what are we doing looking for Osama? There are military people around and I’m thinking are Rachel and I imbedded in Afghanistan? So of course I make a joke that this is NOT what I meant when I said I wanted to be imbedded with her. She laughs and then introduces me to her girlfriend. Of course story of my life….

But then my subconscious decides to give her a name. Can you believe that, I have no idea what her girlfriend’s name is but I decide it’s Pia. She’s an attractive older woman with a little salt and pepper and I think of course that’s what Rachel’s partner would look like. I can’t wait to find out if I’m even close!! Which I’m sure I’m not…..anyhoo we talk and laugh a bit more and then I wake up. 6am. WTF??

No comments: