Saturday, July 16, 2011

Best song ever...

This song, to me, is perfection. The lyrics speak on so many different levels & the way Brandi growls out the lyrics make my soul shudder. Sara Ramirez does a great diva cover of it too, but Brandi (even though she spells her name wrong, to each their own...lol) takes me on a journey through my past, present & future. It also doesn't hurt that the video is set in the theatre, which to me is the only place I see & feel the presences of God. 

So when it all gets to be just to much I hit the reset button with this tune and remember that time passes, marks you, heals you and then in the end stops to set you free. All you can do is surround yourself with those you love to spend the ticks & the tocks with...now if I could just get the stories down on paper I'd be set.
The Story...by Brandi Carlile

No comments: