Monday, July 11, 2011

Demonic Inspiration

After feasting on the amazing, "Let Me In," and dozing through the third Twilight movie it occurred to me that Owen & Abbey's love make Bella & Edward look like they aren't even trying. So if you're checking your vampiric scoreboards kids it's Swedes 1 - Mormons 0.

As I sallied forth late last night after a double down birthday bash of Tiki drinks & bowling I was suddenly inspired to write a vampire tale. Here are the first few lines:

Maybe I had one too many hurricanes, but I could swear I saw a vampire leaning against the giant door of the Immaculate Conception Church. Or was he just out and about for a little ding dong dash? Either way my eye turned away for just a second as the sound of vomit spewing from Allison's usually picture perfect mouth hit the pavement. Trudie grabbed her hair and I looked back only to find he was gone.....or did he go inside?

To be continued....

No comments: