Monday, August 18, 2008

Christ on a Cracker!!

This is a follow up to my current summer obsession Katy Perry. I just read this article
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1046018/Shameful-disgusting-The-No1-song-sparked-outrage--singers-parents.html
am completely shocked that Katy got out of that house alive.
In a nut shell, Katy Hudson’s evangelical parents are NOT happy about her success with the song of the summer, “I kissed a girl,” or the fact that its beat the Beatles, “I wanna hold your hand,” on the top ten, no they are appalled by the notion of homosexuality even in the context of silly pop lyrics. Um...Mary & Keith Hudson bugger off! (Katy uses her mother’s maiden name Perry)

The only thing that makes me more upset than ignorance is when parents don’t support their children and in this situation we have both. I understand you believe what you believe and that’s fine but as long as Katy isn’t hurting anyone, or hurting herself, bugger off. Katy can’t sing a song about kissing a girl out of curiosity but her father Keith Hudson can call himself a ‘prophet/evangelist’ and claims to be used by the Holy Spirit to heal people. Riiiiggghhhhtttt.

Thank GOD Katy has more common sense and has acknowledged the rift with her parents, by saying: “I stopped trying to change them at 21.”

Katy I learned this a long time ago, we raise them the best we can and then we have to let them make their own choices. That’s all we can do….rock your jelly.

No comments: