Friday, August 22, 2008

Photo Phriday!! The Remix

Per Vinnie Costa’s suggestion (in order to increase reader traffic) I am changing the spelling of my Photo Friday to Photo Phriday. Apparently the blogging world has their own dictionary which I am sure will send Webster and my Mother spinning in their graves.

However, I Brandy Rowell being a “joiner” will follow my friend’s advice and sub come to “blog conformist pressure” so my blog will not be like that tree in the woods; or as Vinnie likes to put it, “and that is why we write, right, for others to read? I, of course, do it for the attention...” A true poet after my own attention starved heart.

I am considering taking on yet another creative project. After being exposed to an artist named “Banksy” I feel inspired to become a graffiti artist a “burner or tagger” if you will. But not in a vulgar sense of random filth or rage but as a means to invoke thought. Banksy has been a mystery on the walls and streets of England for more than 3 decades. He is political, thoughtful, humorous, morose and provoking. After seeing some of his work and how powerful the images are, it seems to me that arts natural evolution is to break free of the museum establishment and go back out into the world where everyman can see it. I invite you to “google” the mystery burner and see for yourself….here are a few of my favorites:

RITZRAT


GUANTANEMO


KISSING COPPERS


THERE'S ALWAYS HOPE

No comments: