Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Watching...


Watching your friends succeed gives me more joy than I can stand. Last night I watched my friend, Erin Foley rock the Hudson Theatre in New York City as she taped her Comedy Central Presents special. It was truly an amazing experience and I am so glad that Julia, Jake & Madeleine got to share it with me.

Kicking off the night with “Fallin off the Porches” at Virgil’s BBQ set the tone which was in a word was “banging”. Per the usual there was a warm up host who did a great job in getting us ready to laugh. Once we got our instructions, i.e. “don’t look in the cameras, if you are sitting with someone that isn’t your spouse move, & above all have a good time” they introduced Erin and the roof officially blew off the joint. We made so much noise that I’m sure NJ heard us. Erin did 30mins of her funniest stuff that I have heard over the years and new material that must have blossomed after she moved to LA two years ago. With grace and ease she kept the laughter right on point hitting every punchline outta the park.

Julia, Jake & Mads were losing it and I loved every minute. By the time she left the stage I didn’t think things could get much “higher” then they said they had another comic and we all looked at each other like, “what?” I’m exhausted there is no way I am going to be able to laugh anymore. However, Chris Porter delivered and we busted a gut to his crazy insights to life, love and pot. What else is there really? Hahaha.

We left the theatre fully spent, and headed to the after party. It was a great night. One that I will not soon forget, keeping it close in my heart and mind to make sure I stay on the path to a night of my own.

No comments: