Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Farming in the Big City!

While walking Kayla on our usual root. We passed Jubilee, a tiny French influenced American Bistro like cubby hole of a restaurant. I looked down and spied the unbelivable....a tomato plant!!!

Amongst the poppies!! Looky there Kayla tomatoes like they grow down on the farm. I took another photo just to make sure it wasn't all a dream!!!

Only to have Kayla get tangled in the plant with her leash which snapped off one of the baby tomatoes!! Nooooooo!!! I screamed as it rolled into the street. I checked to see if anyone saw us commit the vegetarian drive by. The coast was clear; I apologized to the little mater as I threw it into the poppy bed. Sorry little fellow you'll have to settle for a life as fertilizer instead of salad garnish.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tomato killer!!!

Brian said...

rather tomato killer than killer tomato!!!

Brandy w/a Y said...

hahaha totally!! :-)