Friday, September 25, 2009

Lease Renewal 1 - Brandy 0

The Magic Tree House is still mine!

In August after receiving my lease renewal agreement, I thought my rent was going up to $1802 for an additional 2years commitment. I thought I had read all through the lease. I figured if I had gotten to the child guard window and lead paint rider that was it.

Nope, lurking behind that unnecessary document was the amendment offering me my apt. at the current price $1450 for another two years. Clearly a wave of stupidity ran over me. It was right there the whole time and for a month and a half I agonized over having to leave my magic tree house. “Always read the fine print,” my Dad used to say. How about read every page you silly cow. Ugh.

So I am safe and sound until 10/31/11. I did think about asking them to extend my lease until December 21, 2012 which is the end of the Mayan calendar and supposedly the “end of the world”. Because it would totally suck to have to move all the stuff for less than two months just to watch it all go up in flames anyway. Here’s hoping the Mayan’s and the History Channel are wrong!

No comments: