Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Making it Happen

Since my father died I’ve pretty much had my head in the ground as far as comedy goes. Doing a random spot here and there, half heartedly “pursuing” my dream but really only doing enough to get the performance fix when I needed it. Then came the baby leg years, yes I said years, having that operation was THE single worst idea ever and threw me back light years in my weight loss.

In July at Camp Wells I made a silent promise to myself to get back on track. Well things are picking up, I’m booking shows, writing material, watching footage of people who inspired me in the first place to do this crazy thing called stand-up. I’m not letting my inner critic fill me with fear. I’m just keeping my head down and my heart open to be brave and just be me; be the funny girl I have always been and if I bomb who cares we chuck it in the bin and move forward NOT back.

Plus, people keep telling me I look like I’ve lost weight. Which doesn’t suck either…..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

one can never fail when one continues to try!

--Reba