Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Lost Drunken Blog...

Every now and then I am inspired by the "spirits" that moved Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Joyce & Parker. I usually don't publish those imbibed blogs, but after reviewing a few this one struck me as a lesson learned. Do for you is my new mantra and it is causing great change in me. Painful, wonderful change that may take me where I finally want to go and be who I want to be, scratch that, who I am.


In a Split second...


It only took a second for me to see the truth. Funny how truth and personal reality are rarely in the same time zone? Walking into a bar and turning a corner is all it took for me to see what I hoped wasn’t there at all. However, there it was mocking me, the love that was nothing but a myth in my mind. She sparkled in his presence. I didn’t need to hear what they were saying I saw her eyes, she loves him. Blink. That quick and it was over.

She saw me, waving as if I didn’t plainly see them at the bar. I forced a smile and a hardy hello, she making a space for me before we decided to move to a table. I then decided to lose myself in the attractive red head accompanying us on what I like to call, awkward cocktails. Not sure why I even went.

It wasn’t a bad night. Not really…

In fact if anything the universe is more persistent in smacking sense into me than I am. So every time my mind wanders to Narnia I can recall the sting of that split second smack I got back in the bar. A dose of sense, of reason & of truth, which seem to cure my endless ability to live only in my head.

Yet, I fear my heart is lost in the White Witch’s castle where it is always winter but never Christmas. Unlike Edmund I don’t enjoy the Turkish delight at all. Where the hell is Aslan when you need him?

No comments: