Saturday, August 4, 2007

Barbara Wa~Wa!!! Time to Go!!!!

Is it me, but ever since Rosie left The View and Barbara Walters has had to show up everyday to be the backbone of TV "morality" (a term I am not sure is the right thing to say here nonetheless) she seems to be lost in her own mind. I am not saying she is doing drugs, or is drunk, I just think that BW is NOT all there anymore. She rambles herself into corners with no exit. Her puns, quips and attempts at humor fall flat like flapjacks in January!!!

I have a lot of respect for her career that seems to span 4 generations, however the daily toll on The View without the buffer of Meredith or Rosie has put a spotlight on the seemingly feeble minded Walters.

Maybe she isn't getting enough protein? Maybe she is not sure how to be anymore, I mean after interviewing practically every major Hollywood star and every head of state on the globe how in the world can she regress into Restless Leg Syndrome???

I remember when I was so enraged by Debbie "The Greek" that I wrote a few "hate" emails objecting to her "view" as the one that was supposed to represent me from my generation. I am not saying that my words prompted her demise however, I don't believe I was alone.

So now as I look into the Whoopi flavored future I wonder? Will she bring Hot Topics to a warm boil? I think not not!! Whoopi herself is a hot topic, just because you swap out comics doesn't mean you are going to suddenly be the breast milk of the masses.

I look forward to what The View will become...the topics, the fights, the humor which undoubtedly be at Elisabeth's expense due to her narrow corridor of views on major issues.

Oh, BW may think the tussles are over but watch out Babs, Whoopi has a forked tongue and there will be NO sacred cows!!! Regardless of what's in her contract!!!

Good luck and g*d bless!!!

No comments: