Thursday, August 2, 2007

So surprised...

So I am up watching Jay Leno which I never do, I am more of a Dave person, but Claire Danes is on and I have always had a sweet spot for the Danes. Anyhoo, she is have witty patter with Jay. Then all of a sudden he uncovers that she is an avid Golden Girls fan. Me likey that answer. He asks who is your favorite golden girl. She responds, Betty White, "I went as her for Halloween one year," more points for the scarily thin Danes.

Jay retorts, so if you met Betty White what....before he can finish Danes is like I would just die, I wouldn't know what to say...and yes you guessed it...enter Betty White.

Now Betty has been doing a few spots for Jay recently including a segment of an archer aiming arrows at her face through plexiglass in something called, Will Betty Flinch!!! Freaking HI-Larious!!

This however almost brought me to tears because out comes Betty, Claire can't believe it, they hug, Claire searches for words, Betty presents her with the first 2 seasons of the Golden Girls on DVD. Danes is overcome with nothingness, and in a quite voice Betty says, "Let me get out of your way," Betty White!!!! Excusing herself as if she could ever be a burden on the viewing public EVER!!!

Then she quips with Jay, "I had a chance to have legs like that but I turned them down," Gesturing to said Danes gams. Danes then did repeatedly the I'm not worthy bow a'la Waynes World. AS SHE SHOULD!!! As Mrs. White made her exit!!! A great moment in late night talk as the young guard serves props to the old!!!

BIG POINTS for you Danes and I'll see you on Broadway in Pygmalion!!! Tread lightly Stardust NYC has fangs!!! BRAVA!!!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

"More Blogging, Please!"

madeleine said...

ok....i have not yet looked up this clip, but i will. and i will see Pygmalion....but i will also judge, so La Danes better be on her game. Her love of BW can only get her so far