Thursday, August 9, 2007

myface....

Recently I joined the facebook nation, and every time I tell someone of my new profile, I slip down Freud’s ally and say, “myface…” instead. Which made me realize that I have TOO MANY PROFILES ONLNE!!!

We run around the internet slapping our faces all over the place and yet we don’t even talk to the people that live next door. Multiple lists of our favorite things, music we like, movies we love all in some vein effort to get people to notice us through fiber optics. I can’t take it anymore. I am craving interaction with live people, not your Simpsonized self or your Wee Me!! You, actual you in the flesh with all your flaws and secretions.

Plus, if you haven’t noticed all these profiles are an infinite series on how to spy on your friends and family. The aforementioned facebook book gives you a running feed of who is doing what to whom and when they do it!!!

We have become our own Big Brother. Everyone is watching and looking at pictures of friends and their friends and friends of their friends. I am not sure I need all of that information in my young and sensitive mind. I joke that I am going to start a website called, myface…which will sort of be like The Onion, the twisted version of profile truth and its role in the media.

So make sure you get on the band wagon early and tell all your friendsters, facebookers, and myspace buddies that there’s a new kid in town. myface…the sight where you can use any face that isn’t your own!!!

No comments: