Thursday, January 8, 2009

GOAL GOAL GOAL HEY HEY HEY!!!

The longer you live the more your learn about yourself. I'm not much of a sports fan. I enjoyed playing sports in school and recently have a deep thirst for Wii Bowling but overall I can take it or leave it. Going to a live event can change ones perspective.

Last night I was treated to sky box seats at The Garden to watch the Rangers, i.e. New York's Hockey Team, play in an Original Six Match with Canada. Thanks to one of the founders of Master Card I can safely say that this is the only way to roll at the Garden. Frankly I could live in a sky box. It's not unlike my magic treehouse apt, except the view of men slamming each other into glass walls is infinitely better.



The box itself is huge with a bar side:

a lounge side:

and a bathroom big enough to cause some trouble in...

Something happened when the puck hit the ice I was suddenly stricken with Sports Autism. I went into myself and could not really speak accept for the occasional OH! ARGH! ECK!! OH GOD!! WATCH OUT!! I refused alcohol until the game was over which is clearly a sign of the Apocalypse and only really "woke" up during the Zamboni intermissions. It shocked me and my friends. Who knew? That a small black puck could make me focus, maybe I should set one on my desk at work?

Anyway, we had a GRAND time, really the best was when we were leaving and we rummaged through all the other boxes like we were tomb raiders leaving with a nearly full bottle of Absolute, beer, cookies, cheese and a other bottled beverages. I knew I should have brought my bag, that bottle of Dewars could have been MINE!!! LOL!!

So sports fans I recommend going to the big shows. Especially if you can find yourself in a free sky box it's really the only way to sing the GOAL SONG!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to a few Devils game a few years back and I loved them. If they hadn't gone on strike and had the next season canceled, I could totally see myself becoming a major fan...