Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The hook up....

It's great to have friends with the hook up. I used to have mad Broadway Ticket hook ups when I worked for The Really Useful Company. For example, I received two tickets to Jerry Seinfeld's, "I'm Telling You For The Last Time," from a grateful concierge who I got house seats for; looking back I could have sold them for crazy dinero but instead took Vinnie for a night of comedy we both treasure till this day.

A friend recently hooked me up with a sneak peak DVD of United States of Tara Episodes 1-4, and all I have to say is people GET Showtime NOW!! Toni Collette is amazing; Diablo Cody is a genius and my favorite screen writer at the moment. I mean Juno could have been a fluke but she writes in such a fresh smart way that she proves without a doubt she's got staying power because you never know what her characters are going to do or say next.

Jake and I watched them back to back and we can't wait for Episode 5!! This is the downside to getting the hook up, now I have to wait a MONTH for the rest of the world to catch up!!!? Unfortunately the L Word Final Season Episodes 1 & 2, plus the first 2 episodes of Secret Diary of a Call Girl were also on the DVD. Ugh, guess Big Love and the anemic Grey's Anatomy will just have to do until then....it was worth it though, a perfect way to spend a sick day in bed.

No comments: