Monday, January 5, 2009

Turning the page.

We are 5 days into 2009 and I can’t believe how ticking 2008 off my life has made me feel absolutely FANTASTIC!!

Spending New Year’s Eve party hopping with my friend Shana we heard the resounding war cry from everyone, “thank god that’s OVAH!” It was overwhelming to hear it wasn’t just me who had the worst year in recent memory. Both friends and complete strangers seemed to finally be unburdened with the weight of 2008. I surmised that it was the 8 to blame for all the unending BS, backsliding, bad luck and general crap that seemed to loom around every corner we turned this year. If you notice the 8 is two circles that complete the infinity loop or circle of stupid which I have come to call it. No matter how hard we tried this year we all just kept looping back on ourselves in a perpetual state of repetition unable to break the cycle. We got nothing done and nothing good could happen to push us forward into a better place. Collectively we were all behind the 8 ball.

However, we are now coming around the final bend and being flung like a catapult via the graceful arm of number 9, flinging us forward into a prosperous future full of hope, change and optimism. People at work are like, “What’s wrong with you?” “Why are you so happy?” I can’t help it. Something is in the air, the water or just deep in my brain that says enough! My time in my cube is dwindling and I can hear in the distance the call of the girl who first came to New York. She thought anything was possible, she believed in joy and magic. Even when her life was so dark she knew that the light was just waiting for her. Without a fight life marched right over me with excuses and obstacles; I lost my focus, my dream.

Only I can hear her, whispering that it is time to take hold and wring the life I want out of this soggy bottom bog. “There is nothing you can’t have or do, you just have to ask and expect the best from yourself for yourself.” I mean I think it’s her, but it could be Oprah.

Taking baby steps for the baby leg, changing bad habits that aren’t good for me spiritually, physically or mentally will not be easy but they must be done. Saying yes to opportunity and no to my inner critic, fear will not hold me any longer. 2012 is close at hand and if I want to survive Armageddon I’ll be damned if I’m going to face it fat, lame and alone!

2009 is the beginning of my Victory Tour so get a ticket it’s going to be one heck of a show!

No comments: