Friday, January 9, 2009

Photo Phriday (Happiness is...)

Tequila has a bad rap. Most people don't understand the peppery complexness of this ancient elixir. Tequila was first produced in the 16th century near the location of the city of Tequila; the Aztec people had previously made a fermented beverage from the agave plant, which they called “octli” before the Spanish arrived in 1521. When the Spanish conquistadors ran out of their own brandy (see I am timeless and can be found all over history..lol), they began to distill this agave drink to produce North America's first indigenous distilled spirit. *shout out to wiki for the facts, what did we ever do without the internet?

Some people have an adverse reaction to licking, slamming and sucking, luckily for me it has never led me to the porcelain god for penance. Tequila is my economical beverage of choice, Scotch / Whiskey being my first, but I tend to lean to the more expensive barrel aged “water of life” that my ancestors imbibed in therefore it is a treasured and rare occurrence in these hard times, so I default to the silver fire water that brings out the best in me.

If there was a Margaritaville I would most certainly live there, always keeping an eye on my shaker of salt as not to lose it. Napping lazily to the hum of a blender and the soft tones of a steel drum as the alcohol works its way to all those achy places you can’t reach. Suddenly the baby leg feels like dancing and my humor hits the sweet spot of not caring and letting loose my wild imagination. Someone should really bottle that stuff….oh wait they do.
Thank God!!! Aclamaciones!!! aka Cheers ya'll!

No comments: