Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Nights of Wine, Roses & Farewells!!

My sister in Spirits & in Booth Anne Tolpegin (aka Tits McGee) is leaving for Japan to do a singing gig until December 21st. How often does one get to wear a ball gown and sing Circle of Life & When You Wish upon a Star in Japanese? When the Mouse calls you grab your knickers and go.

She had a Sayonara party at Wine & Roses last night a tiny place where her nearest and dearest could met for a splash before she dashes off to the Orient. Granted it was Columbus Day so most people were off work, but it was a Monday and technically a school night so why was everyone at this itty bitty bar on the UWS??? I stood in what I referred to as “the birth canal” a small opening that must be passed through if one wanted to exit and or use the bathroom. One on my pet peeves or ODC’s is that I can’t stand being in the “way”. On several occasions I thought I was just going to starting yelling while flailing my arms about in hopes of acquiring ample personal space and perhaps a slight breeze. There was NO WHERE to go and NO AIR thusly I was sweating as if skewered on a poker by the Spanish Inquisition. (insert Monty Python at will)

I met some really nice folks in our game of 6 degrees of Anne Tolpegin. I had a beer, and managed to juggle my junk as an array of people, who all looked the same, looked at me as if I was some Eastside freak who wandered to far west and needed directions. Around 8:30pm the herd started to thin a little and we managed to squeeze into a table with the remaining Tolpegin bunch. I noticed two thin gay men looking at me. More than once I caught them looking and pointing. I wasn’t sure what was going on, but then the waitress said they were expecting a large party and we had to wrap it up by 9pm which was fine because most everyone had rehearsal in the morning.

My new evil twin Jacob Climer and I spied two other gentlemen and played are they straight or gay. With their tailored to impress clothing and odd gay hair circa 1994 I was sure they were gay. Jacob was not convinced, until he walked up to the bar for closer inspection and mouthed to me, “YOU WERE RIGHT!” We then notice a hodge podge of B level “stars” filtering into the place and that’s when the manager came over and said, “I’m sorry but you got to go.” We were settling up and grabbing coats as he said this, clearly we are going Mister.

I looked up and saw Sherri Shepherd. Who in my opinion is the black version of Kristin Chenoweth. Not talent wise but in stature and boobage!! All tits, hair and smiles. I couldn’t look her directly in the eye because frankly, I’ve seen her sitcom. Her stock with me has gone down because it is AWFUL with a capital yuck. But hey she’s not the one getting kicked out of a bar, I am, as I walked past her my head lowered, I approached the door and saw Claudia Shear which almost made me cry. We gathered outside and saw a sign for gaylifenyc.org or something. Maybe some fund raising event?? Who can say? As we walked away Carol Kane and her crew strutted by clearly headed to the party, I looked her in the eye and she smiled, we both had made bold ear wear choices so there’s automatically a sisterly bond.

I was home by 10pm, a new record for me to say the least but I couldn’t help but wonder who was watching Jeffrey???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

look at you almost hob-nobbing!

Jeffery the movie? did you find the DVD in your machine? Kayla?

Brandy w/a Y said...

hahaha no Jeffrey is Sherri Shepherds child....but Kayla would be watching Jeffrey everyday day if I let her...:-)