Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Appropo....

Since we kicked off June 2010, Pride is very much in my mind. It is so appropo that I am now going through my latest obsession which is everything and anything Lady Gaga! Tick tock I know, I'm behind again and it's not that I didn't know of her and enjoyed her music but I was just chalking her up as the newest “it” girl with a microphone. My better half on the podcast, Marc Teschic has been Gaga'd-out for sometime and I had previously rolled my eyes at his favor but now I find myself "getting" it.

As I sally forth into the Haus of Gaga I am uncovering a lot more than I ever expected. Depth and breath of purpose and artistry and HUMOR!! Thus, making my new discovery all the more sweet. The line in the Telephone video where the two guards after strip searching her remark, "I told you she didn't have a dick." "To bad," says the other....HI-LARIOUS! Plus I enjoy her making Beyonce her honey bee with Little Miss B “acting” like she doesn’t get it….but maybe she doesn’t. Le Trageek.

I also love finding out where artists get their inspirations from, I know mine come from anywhere at anytime (usually on sleepless quite nights when I can’t turn off the brain). Gaga shared recently in an interview over Memorial Day after she “took over” the FUSE network that “Poker Face” was inspired by her fantasizing about women when having sex with her then boyfriend who didn’t approve of said cerebral candy.

She said it as if she was asking for more tea. If it was solely for shock & awe then it worked because I could hear my eye lids blinking. Or it was a completely honest answer & why not say it without blushing? The bitch is free!

….and that’s your queer fact for today.

No comments: