Thursday, June 10, 2010

Swwwweeet 16!!

Holy navel oranges!! It's been 16 yrs since I graduated college and spent my first summer doing professional theatre....it feels like yesterday I was wearing my Birkenstocks trapsing around Vassar College, living in a dorm with Ethan Hawke, Denis O'Hare, Deborah Rush & Jane Kaczmarek just to name a few. Well we all know what happened to them, but what the hell has happened to me???

I'm just a few weeks from finishing up my campaign at work, one last event to go and then, "It's the Summer of Brandy with a Y"!! I'm getting back on that road I started on and I'm not gonna stop, not for nobody.....You can't start your career like this and end up a glorified secretary without jumping in front of a bus.

Musical workshops:
Revelers by Beth Henley, directed by Leonard Foglia
Snakebit by David Marshall Grant, directed by Joe Mantello
The Fool and Her Fortune written and directed by John Patrick Shanley

Workshops:
Wasp and Romeo and Juliet at Antioch by Steve Martin,
directed by Barry Edelstein
Hand to Hand by Max Mayer, directed by William Foeller

Special presentation:
Raised in Captivity by Nicky Silver, directed by David Warren
A Fair Country by Jon Robin Baitz, directed by David Warren
The Quilling of Prue by Mary Gail, directed by Melia Bensussen

Truly one of the most amazing summers of my life. Let's make this summer the one I make the rest of my life AMAZING!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, It DID take me 17 years before I got my first big gig - 5 Takes, If you start focusing now, you'll hit before your 38th!

Unless of course, you graduated college at 15...

Unknown said...

So happy for you Brandy! You said on the road- where are you headed?
I saw the show lists, but wasn't sure where they were.
Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Brandy! I am so happy for you. When you say on the road- do you mean leaving NYC? So did you quit the UJA?
I hope that I can see you sometime this summer- you and Kayla are invited up for fire pit, grilling and drinking games in Woodstock as I mentioned!

Brandy w/a Y said...

@ Megan-the show list is what I did 16yrs ago...I'm not going anywhere just going to try and focus this summer on comedy....woo-hoo Kayla would love to go to Woodstock she's such a hippie!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

OH hahah I suck. I feel so out of the loop. I am glad you are here though, we had a great time this past weekend tubing and you should come on up and tube with us. Bring Kayla and we can be big hippies and listen to psychedelic music.

Brandy w/a Y said...

Can we have mushrooms??? lol!