Wednesday, February 10, 2010

3 Days!!

Until my Bingo Birthday and the excitement is kicking in....I love my birthday. Some people hate theirs, or dread another year passing but for me it's a celebration that I am still here!!! After a life turning out not as one had expected and surviving all the crap that comes my way during a year, my day is just that my day! To be with the people I want, do the things that make me happy and more than likely drink until the pink elephants carry me away!!

It's also the one day a year all my universes collide and my friends from all aspects of my life meet. So many of my friends have become friends and there has even been one love connection which makes me feel like "Yenta" the matchmaker!! So this year is also Kevin and Katie's one year anniversary!! They met at my party and have been an item ever since!! Love it!

This years festivities center around Drag Queen Bingo which just might be my favorite thing to do in the city. It's interactive without making you sweat, it's entertaining and most importantly it's cheap!! Plus who doesn't want to win dollar store prizes and perhaps see some random nudity!! So after I treat myself to a matinee of Funny Girl at The Ziegfeld (I know, I know, I just got gayer) the gang is meeting downtown to pack the bingo hall and turn out some happy!!

Then it's off for a night cap at one of my favorite bars in the city to count our winnings and make merry till the sun comes up. I'd also like to thank the makers of President's Day for giving me a long weekend to recover from my natal day! So bring it on already, let's clear the snow and drink to me!! :-)

No comments: