Thursday, February 4, 2010

Ciao Chow!!


Fine dinning is one of my favorite activities. Especially when I'm not paying. One of my first forays into the tasty world of Michelin Stars was at Vong. A thai fusion bistro in the empire of Jean-Georges Vongerichten. Now because of my limited experience I didn't know this was his version of "chinese take out" some critics poo-poo the establishment but for me it was heaven.

It was our Christmas Party outing when I was working at The Really Useful Company, Lord Andrew Lloyd-Webber's New York Production office. From soup to nuts and then some we ordered most everything off the menu and washed it all down with a round of Remy Martin XO! Divine.

I could have dined all night. Sadly though I never got to return to my foodie birth place, I walked past the eatery only to see the following.....

So to Jean-Georges Vongerichten and Vong thank you for opening my plate & palette to more than just cheese grits and goo-goo clusters.

ps-no offense to cheese grits and goo-goo clusters mamma still wuvs you....

No comments: