Thursday, February 11, 2010

Seconds please....

Clearly from my blog you can tell that my favorite thing to do is make dinner and eat with friends. Nothing says love like gathering the members of your tribe around a hearth and feeding them yummy goodness.

On occasion, as of late, I am the one gathering and not so much cooking. A couple of weeks ago I journeyed uptown to have salad and dessert with the “Harlemettes”. I’ve decided that is Kathryn & Katie’s new combined nickname since they live way up on 140th and god knows where….

Now, I know salad and dessert doesn’t sound like a feast. But dear reader you are wrong. I have never had such a salad and I pray in earnest that it will pass by my palate again some day. Roasted Russian fingerling potatoes, chanterelle mushrooms, a duck egg, and the freshest anchovies & sardines I've ever tasted are just the highlights of this culinary master peace constructed by Kathryn the Great!

She went to Whole Foods and cleaned them out of every green imaginable then doused the stately garden of greenery love with a dressing made of white truffle oil and magic!!

I could eat this salad everyday for the rest of my life it was so good.

Then just as I thought I’d washed down the last morsel with a bouncy Riesling, out came the fat free, gluten free, sugar free, basically made of air and fairy dust sundae. Roasted nuts, fresh berries some crazy sauce with two kinds of the aforementioned “free” ice cream/sorbet…

Well I don’t need to tell you I made sweet love to it.

Now most of you know I am allergic to cats. I love them but they don’t love me or my nasal passages so of course where do the kitties need to nap???…..on my coat. I can't be mad, because they are so damn cute.



What? I believe my mother fed you, so I'm gonna lick my bits on your coat you silly mortal.

No comments: